Our Farm

Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010

It has been one week tomorrow since John was laid off. The second he texted me about the lay off "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord" popped into my head. I have a peace about it, as hard as that may sound. We've been through this before. Last year John was laid off for 10 months. We made it through then and we'll make it through now. God hasn't forgotten us. Indeed, He has us right where He wants us at this place in time. That is the hope I hold on to, that is why I can get up in the morning and know we're going to be okay. My hope is to convey God's grace, mercy, and love through this blog.

Before John's lay off I was looking into going back to school to become a midwife and/or nutritionist. I am still holding on to making that dream a reality, I just don't know how it's going to come about or end yet. God has shown me time and time again that this is the field He wants me in, thus He will provide a way.

As for our Nourishing Traditions diet, some of it we're keeping, while some of it is being put on hold until John is working again. The are definitely keeping the raw milk. John hasn't had any lactose intolerant symptoms since we switched to raw, and the boys have been drinking much more milk than before the switch. There is one brand of sprouted bread that we all like, Dave's Killer Bread, that I'll try to keep up with. The organic produce we'll keep to as much as possible. But the organic, grass fed beef and free range soy-free chicken and other soy-free meats are just going to cost too much for us to continue on with while John is out of work.

Hopefully we can stay in the condo we're in. The boys finish pre-school this June, and it looks like IF we have to move, it won't be until after that, so that's a relief to me for the boys. The last thing I wanted to do was pull them out of school. We were going to buy the Hooked on Phonics lessons for them, but unless a job comes through, that won't be happening this summer. My project for Jaxon this summer is to teach him the basics of reading. Any thoughts and ideas on how to do this would be much appreciated!

The store is calling, time to buy more raw milk for the week!

2 comments:

  1. My kids had a lot of help learning to read from the games on this site:

    http://www.starfall.com/

    it might be a good start until you can buy something else!

    ReplyDelete