Our Farm

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I just wanted to share what my family did for me.

The boys and I started the morning by going to ACC for Sunday school and church service while Dad stayed home and made my surprise.  When we got home the house smelled of freshly baked cookies!  John, who hates to do anything in the kitchen and leaves most of the cooking up to me, had baked me oatmeal chocolate chip cookies from scratch!  I'm so happy that he took the time to do something for me that he doesn't like but knew I would.  I love you, John!

Brycen had come home from school on Thursday with a cute picture of himself that he'd decorated and a necklace he'd made for my Mother's Day gift (although he told me the necklace was his:).  Jaxon saved his gift for me for Sunday and gave it to me at lunch time.  I opened up a colorful box to find that it wasn't tissue paper that made it so colorful (the box was clear) it was the gift:  a beautiful silk scarf that he'd dyed himself!  I will be wearing the scarf and necklace (if Brycen lets me) to church next Sunday.

Thank you to my wonderful family for a nice, enjoyable, and relaxing Mother's Day!  I appreciate all of the work and thought that you put into my gifts.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment